Panchakarma treatment program
According to Ayurveda, Panchakarma therapy is aimed at detoxifying the human body. “Pancha” means five and “karma” means healing. It includes 5 methods that are used to address the imbalances of the “doshas” in the body. These are called Vaman, Virechan, Basti, Nasya and Raktamokshana. These terms refer to laxative treatments, herbal enemas, vomiting and nasal rinses.
Panchakarma plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy body. The five significant benefits of Panchakarma are as follows: Detoxification of the body and rejuvenation of the mind: Since the process focuses on cleansing the body at different levels in stages, it removes toxins (ama) and increases the digestive fire (agni). Panchakarma is a “Shodhana” treatment and means purification of unbalanced doshas and toxins from the body and mind. Along with unhealthy diet and lifestyle, doshas get imbalanced. We are exposed to a lot of toxins throughout our lives and can also create internal toxins due to a disturbed metabolism. Many of us are prone to negative emotions and trauma. These mental toxins affect the body’s metabolism.
These various toxins are called “Ama” in Ayurveda and along with excessively unbalanced doshas, weaken our physical and mental state and impair their functions, which leads to chronic degenerative and non-specific issues. Panchakarma is prescribed for this purpose, which purifies the entire physical and mental system by cleansing accumulated toxins, restoring digestion and metabolism, thus restoring health, inner peace, and well-being.
Positive effects of Panchakarma
- Purifies the body and mind by cleansing and detoxifying
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Enhances intellectual abilities and mental clarity
- Eliminates the negative effects of stress on the body and mind
- Slows down the aging process
- Restores inner balance and calms the mind
- Improves the quality of skin and complexion
- Promotes health and longevity
- Eliminates accumulated toxins
- Improves digestion
- Ensures quality and deep sleep and eliminates fatigue
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Reduces excess weight
- Readjusts the menstrual cycle
- Removes or reduces pain and tension in the body, e.g. back pain
- Improves eyesight
Panchakarma is unique in that it is tailored to the needs of each individual according to their constitution and dosha imbalance. Before entering into the panchakarma process, an experienced Ayurvedic doctor must assess the individual’s imbalances and determine the individual’s constitution and current state of doshas, as well as which tissues, channels and organs are contributing to the imbalances and need to be addressed. The doctor will then suggest a personalized Panchakarma plan, which is a comprehensive process involving diet, nutrition, herbal remedies and supplements, physical therapies and lifestyle principles.
The ‘Panchakarma’ cleansing treatments include herbal enemas, herbal and oil massages and also oil showers. Ayurveda prescribes panchakarma as a regular treatment to maintain mental and physical purity and balance.
Many people choose to do panchakarma after a period of stress and/or over indulging in a poor diet for detoxification, rejuvenation, pain, low energy, digestive or bowel problems, foggy mind and other imbalances. Panchakarma is recommended to bring harmony to the whole body.
It is important to realize that the Panchakarma treatment program is designed specifically for the individual after a thorough physical examination and pulse diagnosis. Thus, there is no one-size-fits-all package for everyone. This treatment can last a minimum of 7 days but ideally should last 21 days.
What is included in the stay?
- Up to 2 hours of Ayurvedic procedures per day
- Bowel and stomach cleansing
- Ayurvedic massages
- Stress relief with Ayurvedic procedures
- 90 minutes of yoga and an hour of meditation daily
- Ayurvedic herbs
- Delicious organic Ayurvedic food
- Accommodation and stay in a beautiful environment
- Regular consultations with the doctor
- Translation from English to Czech (if needed)
An ideal stay is 21 days.
The stays take place in India and upcoming dates are posted here.
We are looking forward to meeting and helping you!